Get set for The Long Night
Spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 8 below…
The Long Night is here, everyone. Game of Thrones Season 7 bowed out with an epic final episode in which we learned of Jon’s true parentage and saw The Night King and its Ice Dragon break down The Wall and move on Westeros.
But we’re looking forward to Game of Thrones Season 8 already, so here’s absolutely everything we know about the show’s final episodes, including release date, casting news and trailers.
- Liam Cunningham, who plays Ser Davos Seaworth, indicates that all human characters will die in Season 8
- Kit Harington gives more hints about the series’ ending
- Is Bran Stark The Night King?
- Harington says that “the last season of Thrones seemed to be designed to break” the cast.
- Season 8 has been compared to “six movies”
- We’ve seen another clip – and it provides the unsettling sight of Daenerys Targaryen meeting Sansa Stark as she enters Winterfell with Jon Snow
- Harington and Emilia Clarke have spoken about what kind of impact the impending discovery of Jon and Daenerys’ familial connection will have on events in season eight
- Jason Momoa gives an update about rumours he will return to Game of Thrones
- Iain Glen has described the final season as “absolutely phenomenal”
- Richard Madden has offered up his own thoughts on how he thinks the next season will end
- Could we see “giant ice spiders” next year? A picture shared by George R. R. Martin has fans speculating
- Actress Gwendoline Christie says fans will “need therapy” after watching the season finale
When is Game of Thrones Season 8 returning?
Game of Thrones Season 8 was
originally slated to return in late 2018 or early 2019. Sophie Turner,
who plays Sansa, previously suggested that the show would return in 2019
during an interview with Variety, and HBO officially confirmed that news on January 4.
Now we’ve finally received an air date –it’ll return on April 14.